Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trailer: "Wanted"

I was a fan of Timur Bekmambetov's Russian mega-hit "Nightwatch." I've yet to see the sequel, "Daywatch", which was just released to DVD this week. Now he is back with his American debut in the form of "Wanted." He was able to attract some heavy-hitters, in terms of Hollywood stars. Angelina Jolie, Morgan Freeman-- not too shabby. However, with very similar films such as "Shoot 'Em Up" not exactly lighting up the box office of late, one wonders whether there is an audience for this type of over stylized action film right now.

Don't get me wrong, I love these films, but everyone knows that the genres come in waves that ebb and flow. Just look at horror-- not too long ago nobody was making horror films; Now they are the hot ticket. Regardless, it looks pretty fun, and James McAvoy was great in "The Last King of Scotland", though this isn't exactly the role I saw him in following that film.

Anyway, I'll have 2 tickets to "Wanted", a large popcorn and a soda, and that's all I'll expect to get out of this one, which is fine by me.

No comments: