Wednesday, November 5, 2008

R.I.P. Michael Crichton

Legendary sci-fi author Michael Crichton has passed away at the age of 66. He was the man behind such terrific books as "Jurassic Park" and "The Andromeda Strain", as well as the hit TV show "E.R."  Needless to say, he was a damn good writer, and I was truly saddened to see that he had passed at such a young age. I mean, a death at any age is a shame, but 66 just seems so very young these days.

And for anyone who thinks seeing the film version of "Jurassic Park" was enough, I say you're wrong! His novel was every bit as entertaining, and even more in depth. It's really a quick, fun read. If you've never read Crichton's work, this is where you should start.

So, Mr. Crichton, wherever you are-- I tip my drink for thee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is indeed sad. The world had no inkling that something was wrong in the Crichton household.
He was my favorite author. I've read all his books and always awaiting the release of his next book.
Crichton was a legend.

Anonymous said...

Did you know he was 6'9"?1? Literally AND figuratively a giant among men. See you at the crossroads, Chrich-ton...