Monday, August 6, 2007

The decline of clever Church marquees

I've always gotten a good chuckle out of the semi-clever sayings that Churches tack up on their marquees for passers by. Some of my favorites have been, "Come on in, it's heir conditioned!" Get it... air/heir conditioned. Okay, how about "CHCH- What's missing? UR!" You have to admit, that's clever. So, anyway I was driving by a local Presbyterean Church the other day and on their marquee it says, "When God gives you lemons, just make Grace juice." I don't know who they have coming up with these things in the Presyterean circuit, but Shel Silverstein they are not. Grace juice? I don't know... the lack of coherence in that Church advertisement just really pissed me off. Come up with something better... Gracerade, maybe, like Gatorade? Needless to say, if this trend keeps up I'll no longer be glancing toward Church as I drive right past it. After all, if their not going to put in the effort, why should I?

No comments: