Saturday, May 31, 2008

NBC's "Fear Itself" to start this week

This week will mark the debut of NBC's horror anthology "Fear Itself." A lot of people have pegged this as a watered down version of "Masters of Horror"-- which it kind of is. However, I think this looks like something on broadcast TV (besides "Lost") that I would actually watch.

I like the idea of having a different director each week, and the idea that each show is it's own, self-contained "movie." Though, to me this show seems a bit more "Tales from the Crypt" than "Masters of Horror." And, while the list of directors doesn't exactly make my expectations spike (Breck Eisner, Darren Bousman, Ronny Yu, etc.) the show should at least be an interesting summer replacement show. I just hope people actually watch it-- or at least record it on DVR. I'll try to get a short review of each week's episode up as they air.

"Fear Itself" debuts on NBC this Thursday (6/5/08) at 10:00 PM Eastern.

No comments: