Monday, August 4, 2008

Ben Folds' New Album comes out September 30th

Ben folds is finally relasing his next album on September 30th. Folds is probably my favorite musician, and has been for years. I'm psyched to get my hands on a copy of the album, as he's one of the few artists for whom I still actually properly purchase a CD.

If you're not too familiar with his work, a good place to start would be with either of his last two albums-- "Rockin' the Suburbs" and "Saving Silverman." He has a real knack for writing songs that are funny, and usually really touching. This guy has essentially provided my life with a soundtrack since high school.

So I present to you, one of his newest songs. It's entitled "The Bitch Went Nuts." It's classic Ben Folds, and a hell of a good song. Unfortunately I don't have the MP3 file, or I'd post it. For now, you have to just check out some of the lyrics below. Enjoy. I sure did.


"The Bitch Went Nuts"

I took her with me to the Christmas Office Party,
Mistake.
She did a line and started spouting all her liberal garbage
Bro, I'm so ashamed...

I never heard such shit in all my life
I hoped one day to mold you into the perfect wife
But you blew--my hopes--sky high

The Bitch went Nuts

Started talking 'bout politics
In front of all my bosses
bullshit from the internet

The Bitch Went Nuts

I'll never be a partner at this rate
Not with Jane fucking Fonda junior as my date

She called us bigots with her fist in the air
And as she did, they could see all her armpit hair


Now they think--that I'm--a fucking asshole

The Bitch went Nuts

No comments: