Thursday, January 29, 2009

Monster Mania 12



That's right, it's been about 6 months, and you know what that means-- Monster Mania is just around the corner. This convention is one of my ultimate guilty pleasures, and I'd be excited for it in any case, but this time I'm particularly excited. As far as I know, the next issue of Monster Mania Magazine will be available at the show. This is the issue that will include my retrospective article detailing the history of the "Friday the 13th" series. After it's published, I'll post it here for all to read. Until then-- buy your own copy!

This time around the focus of the convention is (obviously) on Friday the 13th. With the reboot film coming out in a few weeks, I suppose they're trying to wedge themselves back into the public consciousness in any way possible. I'm all for it-- I'm excited for the new film (even though, a true reboot would not include Jason in the first film, but I digress...) And, yes, I still love the old "Fridays", as well-- all 8 or 9 or 15 of 'em.

In addition to "Friday" guests, other appearances will include Tobe Hooper ("Texas Chainsaw Massacre"), Alice Cooper (Heavy Metal Legend and, of course, John Carpenter's "Prince of Darkness"), Caroline Williams (Stretch from one of my faves, "Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2") and even... Fairuza Balk... of, uh... "The Craft."

But, anyway...

The convention is at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cherry Hill, New Jersey over the weekend of March 13-15. It's always a good time, and who knows... you may run into me on Saturday. I'll be the one in the full Freddy Kreuger make-up.

Kidding.

Check out more about Monster Mania here.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your article on Friday the 13th. Also, try and get a pic with Ms. Balk. She is quite hot. I loved her as the lovable hooker in 10 Things to Do in Denver When Your Dead and as the band aid in Almost Famous. Almost forgot her as the sexy catwoman in the otherwise forgetable Island of Dr. Moreau.