Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas Pick #2 - "Home Alone 2"


Two more of my favorite holiday films to watch this time of year are "Home Alone" and "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York." No matter how old I get, or how many times I see these films there are just a few parts that never, ever fail to tickle my proverbial funny bone.

For me, the unsung hero of the second film has always been Fred Krause, or as he was known in the film-- Officer Cliff. In his one and only credited screen performance, Krause delivers his lines with such emotion and desperation, I just can't help but crack up when I see it.


(Pictured: Krause, snubbed for a Best Supporting Actor nod in 1992.)


The scene may be completely unbelieveable, and a recycled joke from the first film, but to me it's like a fine wine-- it's only gotten better with age.

This one's for you, Cliff. If you say you weren't smooching the Hotel Concierge, then damn it, I believe you.


No comments: