Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cheerio!

I'm just back from my third creative writing residency. It was exactly what I needed after the stressful final weeks of last semester. I can't express how much the people in my group never cease to amaze me. The videos I've posted below are from an impromptu concert that started after class one night, when we were all sitting around shooting the breeze. You'll forgive the quality of the video, it was shot with my cell phone. However, I think the point of the videos is constant, regardless of video quality-- we had an amazing night.

Below the videos are a few photos from the residency. I'll have to say this-- if anyone reading this out there in the blogosphere is interested in going to school for creative writing (Fiction, Non-fiction, Screenwriting, Playwriting or Poetry), Wilkes University needs to be on your list of programs to check out. It is that good.

I come away from this residency with a renewed sense of excitement for writing, a new mentor, and even a new project. This may all cause my blog to suffer ( I don't know how often I'll be posting in the next few weeks/months) but it's for the best reason-- I'll be getting a lot of work done.

Enjoy the videos/pictures. I sure as hell did!

Video #1-
Mike Suppa and Nicole Moschberger getting down as Nick Lamb belts out G&R's "Patience."




Video #2-
Mike Workstel wowing us with his vocal and musical talent. Sing it, Mike!




Video #3-
Nick Lamb bringing us the psychdelic stylings of Pink Floyd with "Wish you were Here."









2 comments:

Query-A-Day said...

AWESOME post my friend! I am so glad you caught that night on video. It's a night we won't ever forget, but incase we need a reminder, you've got it for us! See ya soon!

Query-A-Day said...

Here I am two years later posting the same exact comment, but for different reasons. THANK YOU for capturing this moment.