Monday, June 2, 2008

Trailer: "Visioneers"

And now a film for all the Spike Jonze/Charlie Kauffman/Michel Gondry fans out there. "Visioneers" stars Zach Galifianakis as a man who lives in a society in which everyone works for the same company, and the risk of having a high level of stress is that you explode. Literally. That's about as far as I'm going to go in trying to explain the story, so you'll have to just watch the trailer to see what I mean.

What I like about this one is that it takes one of my favorite comics, Galifianakis, and gives him a chance to shine in a role that is as off the wall as his routine. This film is most certainly a satire, and it's a comedy, and there is definitely a touch of melancholy thrown in there, as well. It reminds me of something like "Punch Drunk Love", another very divisive film that is quite hard to categorize.

This seems to be a rather avant garde comedy, so if you're not into dealing with weird, surreal humor, you may want to keep your distance. But this one has shot right to the top of my most anticipated films coming out this year.

(Source: FilmJunk)


No comments: