Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ive been loosed of my cellular dependency... in short intervals...

My cell phone has been a bit sketchy lately. Actually, it's the battery that is dodgy... keeps dying quickly.
So, when I went out today to the coffee shop to do some work, my phone just shut itself off.
At first I was annoyed, but after two hours of uninterrupted time to myself I realized that this had been the first time in I don't know how long that I was completely off of the radar. Not a single text message, voicemail, phone call or email to be had! I have to admit, it was a completely happy accident.
Now, I don't recommend everyone go cold turkey and just chuck their cell phones. However, the next time you need to focus, or read, or just be to yourself - shut off that cell phone. I tell you... it was awesome and I'll be detaching myself from the teat of verizon wireless quite often from here on out.
Oh, I gotta go...I just got a hilarious picture message.

No comments: