Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Trailer: "No Country for Old Men"

The Coen Brothers look like they are back to form after a pair of films that were poorly received by both critics and fans alike. "Intolerable Cruelty" and "The Ladykillers" were two of the worst films of their respective years. The Coen Bros. new film, "No Country for Old Men", looks like they've returned to their roots, to the likes of such great films as "Fargo" and my personal fave "Miller's Crossing." Now, I'm not completely sold on Josh Brolin in such a high profile role as the main character, but Javier Bardem certainly looks like he'll pick up the slack. I like the dark, twisted worldview that most of the Coens films have had, and this film seems to be no exception. This one has now become one of my most anticipated upcoming films. Check out the trailer for yourself here.

1 comment:

Justice said...

I read the book just a couple of weeks ago. Minutes after I finished it, I went online to check out this trailer. I was impressed. The actors chosen really - as is often not the case - fit the descriptions in the book and the picture I formed in my mind.

Don't be so unsure about Brolin. After Spielberg saw him in this film, he called him and said he's got to work with him. Even after War of the Worlds I'd say Spielberg knows a good actor when he sees one.