Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Song of the Week: "I'd Hate to Leave You" by Will Stratton

I came across Will Stratton while looking to see if there was anything new on the horizon for one of my favorite musicians-- Sufjan Stevens. While there's nothing new for Sufjan, apparently Will Stratton is  a protege of Stevens', and they even collaborate on Stratton's fantastic debut album, "What the Night Said."


Stratton is primarily an acoustic artist, and his songs are delightfully depressing-- a quality I love in my music. I don't need to be driven to commit suicide by a song, but if it plants the seed of an untimely demise, it's tops in my book. 

Anyhow, Stratton only has one album out as of now-- his second will be out soon. And though I've only recently discovered his music, I have listened to it over and over. It's really great to find a new artist that I like as much as Stratton. 

So give it a listen, and if you get a chance, look him up on iTunes. That's right-- I'm asking you to pay for his music. 

Paying for music-- what a novel idea! I know-- It's something I'm no longer accustomed to myself. But in this case, it's well worth it.

Enjoy.


No comments: