Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Song of the Week: "Paranoid Android" by Rockabye Baby!


This week's selection came to me during an insomnia induced perusal of the bowels of the iTunes store. So, apparently "Rockabye Baby!" is a musical ensemble that caters to the ultra-hip, "we-gave-our baby-a-quirky-name" set. If that sounds disdainful, there's a good reason-- I typically find this segment of the population tremendously annoying. But, I listened to some of these "lullabies" out of sheer curiosity. Turns out they're actually kind of cool.

When I write, I like to listen to instrumental music-- and this stuff fits the bill. I downloaded some Radiohead, Pink Floyd and Coldplay, and I have to say, I am really enjoying it.

I'm sure this one is not going to be for everybody, but you should check it out, if only for the quirkiness factor. And please, do what you can to refrain from naming your children after inanimate objects. Thank you.



>

No comments: