Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Lost Season 3

I've been on a "Lost" binge this past week. I am watching all of season 3 in order to be up to date and ready for the Season 4 premiere next week. One thing occurred to me as I was watching it-- This show really benefits from being watched in the DVD format. I remembered being so frustrated at the snail's pace at which I felt the story was moving when watching it last season. Now that I am seeing the episodes again, as quickly as I want to, I realize that the season was absolutely terrific.

Having said that, I cannot help but to think about the fact that if this show ends on a bad note (3 seasons from now), the entire series will be worthless to me. I sincerely hope that J.J. Abrams and Co. have an honest-to-God mind blower drafted already. I've said for years that "Lost" is the best television show I have ever seen, but I'm also the guy who watched "The Usual Suspects" one time and never had the need to revisit it again. I just really hope the ending isn't a pile of shit I'm going to step in, 6 years after getting involved with this show.

But for now, I am going to blindly going forward, deeper into the show that presents 5 questions for every 1 it answers. I just really hope Jacob doesn't turn out to be Keyser Soze. I'd be pissed.

No comments: