Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Ring

No, this isn't a review of some J-Horror remake. It's about my goddamn broken Xbox-360. The very same 360 that is a requirement for my HD-DVD player to function. I suppose this is what I get for being a jackass and buying one at launch, before they'd worked all of the bugs out.

In some strange way, there is a relief associated with this. Since the 360 debuted there have been stories of the console just up and dying on people. It was always in the back of my mind and now, finally, the other shoe has dropped.

So, now I have to ship it off to Microsoft, leaving me without my 360 or my HD-DVD player which could mean only one thing-- the day I ship this bastard off, the 5 free HD-DVD's I've been waiting for since mid-November will no doubt be waiting for me in my mailbox.

First, Blu-Ray seems to win the High Def format war, and now this. Yep, I am batting 1000 right about now. I'm beginning to see a PS3 in my immediate future.

This is such a pain directly in my ass.

No comments: