Friday, January 18, 2008

Upcoming Review

This is somewhat unorthodox in terms of film reviews, but I wanted to state how amazing I felt Werner Herzog's film "Rescue Dawn" was, while not yet posting my full review. I'm hesitant to review it until I can see it at least one more time, because I feel that there are nuances that one doesn't catch upon first viewing a film like this that need to be addressed in a proper review of such a film. So, while I feel completely fine about reviewing tripe such as "Hatchet" and "The Reaping" after one viewing (who has time to revisit films like that anyway?), I will hold my review of "Rescue Dawn" until I can do it justice.

I would have liked to grab this film on HD so I could watch it a couple of times before I wrote about it but, alas, it is only available on Blu-Ray. So, as I decide whether to go ahead and get a blu-ray player or to pick it up on standard dvd, I'll probably rent it from netflix again so I can do the damn review already.

Anywho, if you haven't seen it, watch it already! It's a great film with solid, if somewhat hammy, performances-- that will be addressed in the full review, which will find it's way onto here, but until then-- you're on your own.

No comments: