Monday, April 28, 2008

Lost Season 4 Episode 9: "The Shape of Things to Come"


The wait for "Lost" to resume is over-- and surprisingly it went by pretty quickly. They certainly brought the proverbial ruckus with quite an action packed episode. People dying, things exploding-- and the smoke monster-- how about that smoke monster. So, anyway here's my thoughts.

1.) I thought I was very clever in assuming that all of the deaths in the past two episodes (Carl, Rousseau, The Doctor and Alex) would somehow prove to not actually have happened-- after all we are dealing with a rift in time between the island and the boat. However, that went out the window when it's clear in the flash forward that Alex truly is dead. Damn-- I thought I had one this time.

2.) Ben brought down the wrath of the smoke monster as easily as ordering a pizza. Damn was that an awesome scene. Now, I know there is a faction of Lost fans out there who don't like the overly sci-fi elements of the show, but guess what-- it's a sci-fi show, especially after all that has happened this season, so get over it. The smoke monster is awesome.

3.) I don't really miss the overly hammy Jack/Kate storyline. I think the most interesting characters are Locke, Ben, Hurley and Sawyer. As long as we're with them, we're all good.

4.) This was an exceptionally violent episode. Between the people dying in the Lost camp and the guy Sayid shot (9 times!), the show definitely grew some balls over the hiatus. I like it.

That's all for now. I think there was more to bring up, but this post is many days overdue, so there you have it.

No comments: