Saturday, April 26, 2008

Portishead: "Third"

This week I went ahead and procured myself a copy of Portishead's new album "Third." Let me tell you-- it's terrific. The band hasn't released an album in about 10 years, but you would never know it by listening to this one.

As I've stated many times before, I really enjoy music that I can put on that won't be distracting to listen to while I am doing work. This one is fantastic for that. As usual, the band has a moody, dark and almost sinister edge to some of the songs. My favorite song so far is "Silence." I must have listened to it ten times today. But the whole album is a really good listen.

If you like Portishead, definitely check this one out. If you've never heard of them, I would start at their first album-- "Dummy"-- that should make a fan out of you.

No comments: