Monday, September 8, 2008

Hoo-ray for Blu-Ray-- (this format better last)

After the debacle that was HD-DVD, I decided to hold off for a while before diving back into the high def realm. At least I thought I would. Turns out I'm a movie nerd-- who knew? So I finally took the plunge and got myself a blu-ray player.

Now, I'm not as blown away by the image and sound as I was with the HD player, simply because it's not the first time I'm seeing an HD image. But, man is it nice. Anyone who says that the difference between DVD and blu-ray is negligible needs to get their eyes checked.

Unfortunately, my schoolwork has put my free time at a premium, so I haven't had the chance to fully enjoy any films. But believe me, I have a few lined up in my queue (namely, "Pan's Labyrinth" and "Dark City") that I can't wait to fire up. For now, I've relegated any movie watching to the weekends only, at least until I have a draft of my script that I'm happy with.  Ahhhh-- there's nothing like buying a new toy, only to force yourself to not play with it.

So, I should have some blu-ray reviews to be posted in the next few weeks. And, hopefully, I'll get around to posting my review of last month's MonsterMania 11 sometime soon.

Until then, don't forget to check out Mike Lizzio's new blog. Peace.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Your shout-out link is broken, Jon. Might I suggest linking to http://mikelizzio.blogspot.com/ or would that foil your clever little Machiavellian blogspot plot?

Jon said...

I fixed it just for you, Danny.

You slick son of a bitch.