Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Trying out Google "Chrome"

I'm a sucker for new internet-tech stuff. So, when I heard that the folks at Google were trying their hand at a new web browser, set to compete with Microsoft's Internet Explorer, I was definitely up for trying it out.

So far, it's pretty damn intuitive. The basic home page displays thumbnail images of all of your most frequently visited sites, which is really convenient. And the program stores your passwords, which is actually a huge help. For instance-- it remembers your password for MySpace and has it waiting for you in the password box, so that when you log on to the page, you simply have to hit the "log on' button and you're in. It's simple, I know, but I've always hated that MySpace doesn't allow you to save your password.

Other than a few glitches that have to do with flash plugins that aren't yet available, Google Chrome is pretty awesome. And a few bugs are to be expected-- it is only a beta version, after all.

So if you're up for trying something new to spruce up your web browsing experience, you can downlioad the beta version here.

Notice: With Google Chrome, some blogs that use analytic software to track who is visiting the site will give you a prompt that says the site may contain "Malware." I assume his will be addressed, but in the meantime, at least on my site, disregard it. I use MadKast analytics software, and there is no threat of malware from my site. I swear.

Now enter your Credit Card number and Social Security Number in the comments section.

No comments: