Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Passing on the Podcasts

In the year and two months since I've had my iPod, I've become something of an obsessive podcast listener. Maybe it's the fact that there is never anything good on FM radio these days, or maybe it's the lack of movie oriented talk radio pretty much anywhere. But, for whatever reason, I've really come to love podcasts.

From the more serious, critique related shows, like Filmspotting and Battleship Pretension, to the more fun, pop culture oriented shows like the Slashfilmcast and Scene unseen-- I love them all. But I'd have to say my favorite of all of the podcasts out there is the fine Canadian movie podcast FilmJunk.

If you know me personally, I've probably (unsuccessfully) recommended this show to you. Well, I'm going to do it again-- listen to this podcast! It's the best weekly podcast about movies and pop culture going, and it's free! I've included the 2007 year end video podcast if you want to give it a look. This will give you some idea what he weekly podcast is like, though the weekly show is audio only.

It's a funny show, and the hosts usually have some insightful thoughts about the week's top stories and their reviews. So check it out-- you may end up liking it as much as I do. And if not, there's always Top 40 radio, right?

NOTE: The actual show begins at 3:20. Up to that point is the intro, which I happen to think is pretty funny. But if you want to just check out the show, skip to 3:20. Peace.



Film Junk Year End Video Podcast from Jay Cheel on Vimeo.

No comments: