Friday, September 19, 2008

James @ The Trocadero -- 9/16/2008

I got the chance to see one of my all time favorite bands, James, in concert this week. Let me tell you-- it's awesome to finally see a band that you've loved for so long in concert. And they certainly delivered a terrific show.

The band Unkle Bob opened the show, and they're a decent band in their own right, but James owned the night. Lead singer Tim Booth's unique voice and utterly bizarre dancing style made for quite an entertaining set. The highlight of the show was Booth's acrobatic climb onto the upper balcony. He made it all the way to the top, where he performed the song "Born of Frustration" a mere five feet from my wife and I. It was fantastic!

Another highlight came during the encore performance. As most bands who are associated with a hit song do, they reserved their most well known tine ("Laid"-- most of you will know it as the theme from "American Pie") for last. Not only did they jam out, but they also invited about the first three rows of fans onto the stage to dance with them. It was definitely a memorable scene.

 Check out the videos below to get a dose of the concert. They don't come to America often, but  if you ever get the chance to see them live-- for God's sake, do it!

James Trocadero Philadelphia Encore


James Trocadero Philadelphia Tim climbing balcony.

1 comment:

TFKoP said...

Hey, I saw James the night before up in Boston, and it was utterly the best show I've seen. It was also seeing them for the first time and I was just blown away.

The bummer: I just moved out of Philly back to my home state of Maine in July of '07 so I drove down to Boston to see James. But boy would I have LOVED to have been back in the Troc to see them.

peace....

TFKoP