Friday, February 1, 2008

Lost Season 4, Episode 1: "The Beginning of the End"


Last night marked the season premiere of season 4 of "Lost." I'd have to say it pretty much lived up to the hype. We got a good bit of info about each of the main components from the final episode of Season 3. Here are a few key things I took away from it.

1.) There were only 6 people that "made it off of the island." In the opening flash-forward of this episode Hurley gets arested. When he is being dragged off by the police he yells ot "I'm one of the Oceanic 6!" So Hurley made it off the island, and we know that both Jack and Kate made it as well. So who are the other three of the Oceanic 6? It stands to reason that it would be Claire and Aaron (because of the Desmond vision) and Sawyer. And why only 6? I suppose we'll find out for sure soon. Then again it is "Lost", so maybe not...

2.) Jeremy Davies is the Hollywood go-to "creepy guy", so it seems only fitting that he'd show up on the island. I like the guy, but I really hope that he doesn't fall into his "guy who has lost his mind" routine that we've seen in "Solaris" and "Rescue Dawn", as well as in his television portrayal of Charles Manson.

3.) Jacob, or whever is in that cabin, is pretty damn scary. I really hope to see more of that in the next few episodes.

Overall, episode one was pretty good. I'm definitely still getting used to the whole "flash-forward" thing, but I like what they're doing with it so far. I sincerely hope that the writer's strike ends soon, because I want more than just the 8 episodes that are already in the can.

Score: 4 out of 5

No comments: