Monday, February 4, 2008

M. Night Shyamalan's "The Happening" Trailer

People have a lot of hate for M. Night Shyamalan. I absolutely do not. Yeah, I think "Lady in the Water" was a miscalculation on his part, and maybe "The Village" wasn't exactly the most original of his works, but what can I say-- I still like the guy. His films are always "event films" for me, and for the most part I like what he does.

His new film "The Happening" is due out soon and, if this trailer is any indication, it looks like it'll be pretty good. It seems he took a bit of a darker path on this one, and considering the film is about a worldwide epidemic of mass suicide, let's hope he went for a hard R, instead of the lame old PG-13.

One point that sticks in my crawl is the tagline: "We've Sensed it, We've seen the Signs, now... It's Happening." It's just way too self-referential and annoying for my taste. Let the film stand on it's own, separate from his others. Also, Shyamalan has reunited with his DP from "Unbreakable", Tak Fujimoto, and it shows that they work well together. Keep an eye out for the shot of the bodies falling off of the roof at the construction site-- that looks incredible.

Here is the trailer, check it out for yourself.

The Happening - Trailer

1 comment:

Verona Says said...

Thanks for posting this trailer. I'm a M. Night Shyamalan fan I didn't know he had a new movie coming out. It looks good!