Friday, February 22, 2008

Lost Season 4 Episode 4: "Eggtown"


"Eggtown" is one of those episodes that I won't look forward to when I rewatch this season on DVD. There was no glaring problem with the episode, it just wasn't all that interesting. Having said that, here is what stuck out to me...

1.) Why the hell is the episode called "Eggtown?" Yeah, I know Locke said he gave Ben the "last two eggs", but did I miss something? If someone knows, please drop me a comment and let me know.

2.) The meeting between Miles and Ben was... how can I say this... not as interesting as advertised? Miles talked a big game, but when it came to the "threat", he just seemed a bit impotent. Talk about anti-climactic. I mean, give me something to chew on, here.

3.) Kate's backstory is not all that enthralling anymore. I know she killed her stepdad, and her mom is going to testify against her. Move on with it...

4.)Which brings me to my next point... when Kate's story finally did move on, it was awesome. When the reveal came that her "Son" was Aaron-- that is what I was waiting for all episode. Too bad it came literally at the last possible second.

As stated above, it wasn't the greatest episode, However, from the preview for next week's episode, I'd say episode six should live up to the hype. It looks terrific. Hopefully now that the WGA strike is over, we'll be able to see the entire season, instead of just the first 8 episodes.

As always, we'll see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i thought this was an episode where the story didnt progress a great deal, but we got a lot of information.
1. 8 people "survived" the crash
2. Future Jack doesnt want to see Kate's "son", which kind of segues into what happened to Claire
3. Locke is back pingponging between having all the answers and believing to being clueless and not believing
4. The helicopter isnt at the freighter
5. Why was Miles figure 3.2 million? Seems like an odd number.

I just think this episode will set up a lot down the line